8/27/08

Another day.

Our City and county elections were held yesterday. We had a great turn out and our little town once again has an opportunity with a re-elected mayor and all but one re-elected on our City Council. I'm not good at change or good byes and I am going to miss terribly the one council member who did not get elected. I do my job regardless but there is this tiny little part of me that resents the new person for "unseating" her even though I know change is just a part of life. It's not a contest really, it's just progress.

I know everyone has been biting their nails over my little tragedy yesterday. I am fine...no broken bones but I have new bruises this morning. Why oh why do our bodies have to grow old. I feel so betrayed these days when I don't just bounce back from some disaster. I have never been one to cry and milk a pain or ailment but I find myself complaining more and more. The difference in now and in my youth is that these complaints are justifiable.

I am back on a "healthy kick" these days as well. That's shocking I know considering I can't keep myself standing but you gotta do what you gotta do. I am trying to avoid sodas except maybe once a day so this morning I am drinking that new "cranergy" drink. Unfortunately, I have discovered it doesn't have tons of caffeine so it's not punching me into upright position. I am getting used to the flavor. It's not bad actually, but I'm old and I need caffeine no matter how bad it is for me!

Honestly, I'm not healthy- I'm middle aged/old. But, I am pretending that it matters and that I am doing what I can to overcome. I have always been an overcomer and I WILL overcome middle age!

4 comments:

"JEANNELLE" said...

I'm sure you are healthy......middle age is not a disease!

I'm just so impressed with your writing! Not that that means anything, since I'm simply a very amateur blogger/writer myself, but I just wanted you to know.

Your gifted! Keep up the great story-telling!

"JEANNELLE" said...

Hey, saddlegait......Ruth at Ruth's Visions & Revisions blog has a meme thing going. Its a fiction-writing meme; she wrote Chapter 1 and others can write subsequent chapters. Here's the link to her post:

http://rhchatlienblog.blogspot.com/2008/08/never-ending-story-meme-play-it-forward.html


I'd like to try it myself, but am stymied in my head when it comes to writing fiction, but I'm thinking on it. I think you should try it!

Ruth has a great blog, if you've never been there.

Saddlegait www.gottabeacountrygirl.blogspot.com said...

Thank you Jeannelle for both posts - I will check it out. I haven't actually considered myself a "writer". Short of some blogs, I've never "published" anything. But I sure do enjoy sitting down at the keyboard and pounding out ...stuff!

Thank you again for your encouragement.

Nancy M. said...

Glad to hear you are doing okay. I never have drank coffee and don't even drink sodas anymore. But, I am far from healthy. It helps to do what you can.