10/2/09

It's Friday!

Life is full of tribulations. Whether they are the result of some accident, some person or some situation, they tend to overwhelm and complicate our lives. This morning, I was pleasantly reminded that everything in life is trivial. As I walked out the front door to feed, there was the most beautiful sky I can ever remember. The distant horizon, where the sun had not yet appeared, was fuscia. There was a thin layer of clouds overhead. They had little whipsy aspects - like cake icing when you dab your spoon into it. Each whisp was reflecting shades of pink, purple, red, even some grays. It was just breathtaking.

I am left reminded that today will be a blessing regardless of how the rest of it works out. I woke up. I am breathing. I am here. It's a good Friday indeed.

No comments: